Bird trapping techniques
+61 8 8940 55181
- +61 8 9306 1641
- Street Address
- 37 Wildlife Place, Woodvale WA 6026, Australia
- Postal Address
- Locked Bag 104, Bentley Delivery Centre WA 6983, Australia
I am a Technical Officer in the Animal Science Program of the Science and Conservation Division. My background has mostly involved managing threatened and pest birds and mammals throughout Western Australia.
My main area of expertise is avian ecology and management mostly in relation to pest and threatened birds including translocations, monitoring and population control. I have significant expertise in trapping, marking and monitoring birds for research and control purposes.
Grad cert. Ornithology Charles Sturt University 2010
B.Sc. Biological Science Edith Cowan University 2008
- Monitoring relocated kangaroos from an urban environment to jarrah forest
- Translocation of threatened birds and mammals from Barrow Island for fauna reconstruction in the Montebello Islands
- Translocation of threatened birds and mammals for fauna reconstruction on Dirk Hartog Island
- Translocation and management of threatened mammals from Barrow Island to Matuwa (Lorna Glen)
- Rottnest Island Rock Parrot Recovery Program.
- Control of introduced corellas and rainbow lorikeets
- Carnaby's Cockatoo Great Cocky Count
- Feral bee eradication trials using fipronil